Favorite Cover?–Pick Yours!

14 Nov

Thanks for stopping by. Your vote is ALL I need. Pick your favorite cover. I’ll announce the results on 11/22/11 on my blog, FB and webpage.

Have fun!

17 Responses to “Favorite Cover?–Pick Yours!”

1. janus gangi November 14, 2011 at 2:02 pm #

I like # five you name is larger and can be read better.

2. Taabia Dupree November 14, 2011 at 2:03 pm #

I like the red one, its my favorite color =D

3. Denise Zaky (@ZDz59001) November 14, 2011 at 2:04 pm #

I chose cover #1 because I felt it was the easiest to read. They of course all so similar, but the blue one while standing out does not have the richness of the darker backgrounds. It could just be the picture size, but if the items are going to be primarily featured at online books stores, the small print at the bottoms of is very difficult to read, thus my choice for cover #1 πŸ™‚ Thanks for the fun preview.

4. Melissa Ohnoutka November 14, 2011 at 2:05 pm #

Great job, Cami! It was hard to choose! LOL

5. kerstin November 14, 2011 at 2:15 pm #

it’s just gut instinct…

6. Maria November 14, 2011 at 2:44 pm #

Well done Cami!!!!!!

7. Penelope Crowe November 14, 2011 at 3:15 pm #

OK!! Cast my vote–not easy, they are all nice!

8. grittyjefferies November 14, 2011 at 3:42 pm #

voted

9. Sherry Gammon Author of UNLOVABLE November 14, 2011 at 7:29 pm #

I like the blue one also. It really pops! But i voted for 3…it was close!

10. Cindy C Bennett November 14, 2011 at 10:21 pm #

I like 3 because I like your name larger at the top beneath the title. I also like the blue and red colors, though.

11. cambria November 15, 2011 at 12:17 pm #

what great choices you have to pick from! They are all fabulous! I picked #3 in my vote! Beautiful blog by the way. I love the petals. πŸ™‚

12. Anagha November 15, 2011 at 4:17 pm #

What a beautiful blog!! I picked 4-the res background just works!

13. B. Shabtai November 15, 2011 at 6:21 pm #

Wow Cami! You did an amazing job on the covers, but I chose #3, because I like the black background. It makes the eyes of the 2 characters very bright and nice looking. Also, I like the wording all together at the bottom. Keep up the good work! love you.

14. anthonybellaleigh November 16, 2011 at 1:56 am #

You might shout at me, in which case give me a few seconds so I can leg it… I voted for #5 because it’s clearest but… the overall layout looks very formal (almost text book) and the font reinforces that with its strong sans serif… Is there no way you can continue the thematic elements you created with your beautiful “Hidden Heart” (I know you’d need to rework the picture to make it work as a portrait) – central main image, thin outer border, identical fonts and placement (different colour for maximum contrast), different base colour taken from the image background (pale blue?)? I just think it might help you to build up a visual brand?? … right, I’m running now… πŸ™‚

• CameliaMironSkiba November 16, 2011 at 8:30 am #

Anthony, you are so right, I also thought about the branding. Hidden Heart set the bar really high and I am afraid of disappointing. BUT, while HH was written from the main heroine’s POV this new book is 50 -50 from the female AND male protagonist’s POV. In all fairness I think it should be both of them on the cover. One is a women’s fiction/romance the other is a contemporary war romance.
      Unfortunately both photos have flaws that stopped me from designing it differently. Had to chop their foreheads because he had a horrible hairdo (as if someone took a piece of glass, not a razor blade and randomly chopped his hair) and she is wearing a wig that sits on her forehead away from her skin, looking terribly. I tried other photos but I’ve always come back to this two. The heroes’ features couldn’t be better captured than these two photos, as if I wrote the book for them exactly.
      Can’t tell you how hard is to pick, you know what I’m talking about.
      Keep your fingers crossed for me! I need all the luck right now πŸ™‚

• anthonybellaleigh November 17, 2011 at 3:07 am #

hmmm… I can see your problem… I agree the girl is a very strong image and might work top left. The guy… maybe his dodgy hairdo has to stay in so you can move him down to create the portrait layout? and/or maybe you could just apply HH’s border/frame and fonts to the letter box layout… (but beware of too much small text on the cover (it just vanishes in the thumbnails and clutters the image))… good luck with whatever you choose…!! πŸ™‚ Anthony

15. Jenn p November 20, 2011 at 9:05 am #