Valentine’s Day Doesn’t Live Here

14 Feb

With the risk of being stoned by everyone reading this blog I’m not a Valentine’s Day fan. I wasn’t raised with this tradition therefore even after living in the States for the past 8 years I still don’t celebrate it.

It’s not because I had bad experiences. Or because someone broke my heart and I lost faith in the power of love. Or because I’m not in love. I’m very much in love with my husband. And yet I don’t need a special day to tell him or prove him I love him with all my heart. Love doesn’t need special days, special settings, special actions and special gifts to be confirmed, to be celebrated. It’s the everyday butterflies in your stomach looking at your loved one. It’s the warmth spreading through your body hugging your loved one. It’s the heart booming in your chest at the touch and kiss of your loved one.

I tell my husband I love him every day, every time we are on the phone, every time I leave the house. I hold his hand while driving. I hug and kiss him with the same passion I always felt for him. I take him out on a date or just snuggle next to him watching a movie. It’s about what I give and less what I get. Because love is not about measures and can’t be scaled.

Love is everywhere, everyday, in everyone and everything.

6 Responses to “Valentine’s Day Doesn’t Live Here”

1. Tina February 14, 2012 at 12:53 pm #

Another reason why we have become such close friends in such a short time.
    Love ya SC2 ❤ —

• CameliaMironSkiba February 14, 2012 at 1:22 pm #

Luv ya, too SC2–want to split my Dairy Queen blizzard? Spoon for spoon, nuts for nuts, banana slice for banana slice. I’ll let you have all the chocolate syrup, ok?
      XOXO

2. Pragya February 15, 2012 at 12:41 am #

I completely agree with you. I don’t celebrate this day except for the fact that it’s my parents’ wedding anniversary and no, they did not wed b’coz it was Valentine’s day. The concept wasn’t even known here at that time. It’s just a coincidence. 😉

• CameliaMironSkiba February 15, 2012 at 12:11 pm #

That is too funny, Pragya! My in-laws’ anniversary is Valentine’s Day too. They’ve been married for 60years. I guess many people marry on VD.
      xoxo

• Pragya February 16, 2012 at 12:13 am #

Oh wow! 😀 Congrats to them! 60 years is a long time! My parents just completed 30 this year. 🙂

• CameliaMironSkiba February 16, 2012 at 3:12 pm #

Well then, Happy Anniversary to them as well!
        XOXO