The Queen of Laundry hits the Jackpot

3 Nov

I had to post this quickly in between loads of laundry (yes, authors do their laundry in case you wondered…)

A long time ago I made this rule for my family that, if I find money in their pockets when I’m the queen of laundry (usually at the end of the week), I’ll keep it, be it $ .1 or $100. They agreed with a smirk on their faces, probably thinking it ain’t gonna happened.

I mostly find tissues or gum wraps, sometime a few coins or $1.00 the most, and I have to admit it’s discouraging. But today I hit the jackpot: $10.00.

To all my fellow women out there doing laundry I wish you all a jackpot if not bigger than mine, at least of equal value. You will feel like a real queen of laundry.

XOXO

7 Responses to “The Queen of Laundry hits the Jackpot”

1. Mel Bourn November 3, 2012 at 3:42 pm #

Yay!! I love hitting the jackpot. I once found $20 when I did my son’s laundry. Made it worth the 2 days it took.
    Mel

• CameliaMironSkiba November 3, 2012 at 3:50 pm #

LOL, Mel! You officially dethroned me. Did you reward yourself with a nice dinner?

2. Tina B November 3, 2012 at 5:05 pm #

Congrats! I usually only find coins or receipts. Lol.
    Did you rub it in with your family? 😉

• CameliaMironSkiba November 3, 2012 at 5:13 pm #

Don’t give up hope, Tina. Maybe one day you’ll find a Franklin or a Jackson in those pockets 🙂
      My son read the post and asked, “What pants did you wash?” I replied, “Dad’s”. I didn’t have the heart to tell him there was a pair of his jeans as well…
      One more load and I’m done. For this weekend of course.
      xoxo

• Tina B November 3, 2012 at 5:38 pm #

Awe, you’re sweet. 😉

3. cindycbennett November 3, 2012 at 9:51 pm #

So funny, Cami. I have the same rule. Unfortunately it’s usually my own pants I find the money in. Of course, there’s still a bit of thrill in that, but finding it in someone elses . . . that really is like hitting the jackpot. Kinda like putting on a jacket you haven’t worn all summer and finding a buck in the pocket. Yay!! Even better if it’s a fiver. :o)

Congrats on the big find. :o)

PS I LOVE the cartoon. Only a man would think there’s anything positive or romantic in that.

• CameliaMironSkiba November 3, 2012 at 10:04 pm #

Oh, Cindy, it would really disappoint me to do the laundry AND find the money in my own pocket. There’s no reward in that.
      And yes, the cartoon is spot on. Couldn’t find a better one.
      Love you bunches!