Thanks to the fabulous author of Shadows Of The Past Carmen Stefanescu I was nominated to participate in the Next Big Thing Book Hop. What does it mean? Well aside from giving readers an insight in my newest release it introduces them to other authors I chose to recommend for this award.
So here the questions and my answers:
- What is the working title of your book?
BORN IN SIN (I’m looking for reviewers; those of you interested in reviewing it drop me an email at cami[dot]skiba[at]gmail[dot]com)
- Where did the idea come from for the book?
Fascinated by the birth of the Romanian nation I wanted to give it a romantic spin with untold legends of unknown heroes.
- What genre does your book fall under?
Ancient history with a strong romance flavor.
- What actors would you choose to play the part of your characters in a movie rendition?
Stephen Amell (Green Arrow) embodies Zyraxes perfectly, the main hero. For Oriana, the main heroine, Julianne Hough would be my pick. She’d bring to the screen innocence, humility and beauty, qualities much needed for Oriana’s role.
- What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
Summoned to aid Oriana’s father in the war against two powerful enemies—one of them Oriana’s savage husband—Zyraxes proves himself worthy of noble titles and coin when all he really wants is her.
- Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
- How long did it take you to write the first draft of the manuscript?
I needed a lot of research in the ancient history so it took me a good 6 months.
- What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
- Who or what inspired you to write this book?
This is the second book in a series of 5. The first story called “I Was Here—Before You Came” was inspired by the late Andy Whitfield in the Starz TV series “Spartacus—Blood and Sand.” Andy’s death came as a shock to the entire world. Here he was a wonderful father and husband, in the peak of his career and cancer nestled in his body unwelcomed and unwanted, soon to claim his life. I needed something to celebrate Andy’s legacy not only through the movies he left behind, but as a book hero as well.
- What else about the book might pique the reader’s interest?
Anyone who watched Starz series Spartacus and fell in love with the main characters will absolutely love Born In Sin. It’s gritty, fast-paced, intriguing and has heroes to die for. It depicts a world long gone when surviving wasn’t always welcomed and one’s life was as cheap as a bag of flour.
Now please allow me to introduce you to 3 amazing authors I have the honor to know up close and personal, as they are part of the recently created Desert Muses Author Club.
Mimi Sebastian http://www.mimisebastian.com
Virginia S. Nelson http://www.authorvsnelson.com/
Shanyn Hosier http://shanynhosier.com/