Memories. Some are kept in one’s soul forever, never to be shared. Others burst open our hearts and we can’t find peace until we do what we were meant to do from the moment we build them: share them with the world.
It’s been a week since I returned from my trip to Europe–Romania and Italy to be exact–and I’m still trying to recover from it. Not the sleeping pattern (which gave me grief only when I went to Romania, but not here back home), but trying to browse through memories, feelings and emotions I’ve witnessed and felt during my trip. I wish I could hold onto each image, each step I took, too afraid that time and space will dust them into oblivion until they’d end up shelved somewhere in my brain.
I’ve never journaled a trip so bear with me; I’ll try to make these sharing interesting enough for you to come back for the next one.
For today I decided to share a few facts about this trip:
- Our itinerary included: Bucharest and Black Sea (Romania); Rome-Verona-Venice- Milan-Mantova (Italy).
- We’ve been on ten flights.
- We had screaming babies on all ten flights therefore I haven’t slept on any of the flights (yeah, talk about exhaustion as its best).
- We lost one connection in Munich so we had to buy new tickets.
- I watched eight movies during the longer flights (Houston to Frankfurt and Frankfurt to Houston) and i can only remember one title (Crazy, Stupid Love, which was actually funny).
- I took over thousand pictures; I had to delete some apps from my phone to make room for more. Patrick took about the same amount on his phone. I regret not taking a real camera (Iphone takes decent photos but not as clear as a camera).
- I played cards and “table” (a Romanian game) with my dad 6 hours every day for 4 days while at the Black Sea.
- I rekindled with friends from high school, one who lives in Italy and one who became a famous actress in Romania.
- I went to my first soccer game, cheering for my all-time favorite team, Steaua Bucuresti. They had a great game, but weren’t able to score.
- I had more than one glass of wine, one night in Rome…
And now I leave you with a few photos all taken before flights… enjoy!